Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mushrooming of Pawnshops All Over S'pore like Weeds

More & more pawnshops all over the tiny island. Just in Clementi alone where i stay there are 5 pawnshops at the town centre within 300m of each other! It indicates 3 things:

- people buying things beyond their means
- liquidating items in desperate bid to clear bills & debts
- people gambling with their hard-earned $$ which they can ill-afford to lose.

1 pawnshop


2 pawnshops


3,4 pawnshops(competitors next to each other)


5 pawnshops

Huge part of the economy is debt driven. Is already a matured economy. How much further can an economy grow when many people are already in debt up to their eyeballs?

In the area of Buona Vista, the pawnshop(below pic) is situated right beside the bank with its ATM machines...... As if bank account is dry there is pawnshop...


Tons of bad debt among the populace.

4 comments:


  1. we give out loan of all kinds in a very fast and easy way, Home loan, Student loan, Business loan, Investor loan etc.we offer loan to every individuals, firms, and company that are in need of financial assistance in a low interest rate of 3%. contact us: powerfinance7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:{urgentloan22@gmail.com} Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. START CRYPTOCURRENCY MINING WITH INDUSTRY LEADERS
    Alphabitmining is the easiest and most convenient way to mine digital currency. Digital currencies introduced new financial tools and their value has grown tremendously over the last few years. There's never been a better time to join this billion dollar industry.
    HOW TO GET STARTED WITH BITCOIN MINING https://alphabitmining.com/?a=plan

    ReplyDelete