It is until the situation is very serious that the govt-controlled media will report on their fixes or acknowledge the problem. They are the issues of Smartphone addiction, Very unhappy workforce & demoralized soldiers.
Smartphone Addiction Warning
- June 2011 blogpost: Getting off the 'Grid' Once in a While
- June 2012 blogpost: At Same Table/Sofa but Connected Elsewhere
- June 2013 blogpost: Singaporeans Reign as Mindless Slaves of Smartphones in S.E Asia
After the modern form of 'opium addiction' has become a mass epidemic will the govt controlled mass media finally report on the dire situation. In other countries whereby their leaders aren't paid obscene salaries, they are more proactive in tackling the addiction problem.
- June 2014 Govt mouthpiece: Singaporeans grapple with smartphone addiction
Very Unhappy Singapore Workforce Chronology of Events
I've blogged intensely back in march 2012.
- 98% of S'pore Workers Are 'Bochup' aka Disengaged in 2010
- Zombie' Workers - Plenty of Them In S'pore
- S'pore 2nd Lowest Globally for Job Satisfaction
Then a few months later in November 2012, the 'atomic bomb' arrived when Yahoo News reported on Singapore the least positive country in the world according to independent survey by Gallup. This atomic bomb shockwave awakened many sinkies as to what kind of country we have become under the hybrid regime's grow GDP at all costs approach.
'Atomic bomb' exploded. What did the hybrid regime do to contain the vast damage? They attempt to do the survey according to their 'own criteria' to show the situation is not that bad.
- April 2014 blogpost: Singapore Workers Happiness Still Very Poor in Gallup's 2013 Survey
Now in June 2014, a survey by Randstad that Singapore workers 'among least satisfied in Asia-Pacific
Demoralised Citizen Soldiers
Grouses of disatisfaction of being a local being disadvantaged compared to foreigners have been going in message forums providing a ready form of feedback to the authorities. But the top people are in ivory towers.
- March 2013 blogpost: Half Ass Approach in Salvaging Plunging Morale Among Sinkie Males
- March 2014 blogpost: Singapore's Military Morale Is In Disarray
Obviously their half ass approach didn't work & now the hybrid regime is throwing $4.5B over the next decade in an attempt to patch it.
- June 2014 Govt Mouthpiece: $4.5B Package In Measures to Strengthen National Service
I agree with the top commentator below that the measures do not solve the main problem.